This is a “living post” and will be updated over time. You’ll find a curated list of books here that have proven themselves life-changing and helpful over time.
- How to be filled with the Holy Spirit by A. W. Tozer. A deeply biblical yet accessible work that avoids much of the popular hype surrounding the charismatic gifts, while embracing fully the person and work of the God the Holy Spirit.
- The Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster. A definitive work on spiritual growth and the spiritual disciplines.
- The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller. Probably the best overall book on marriage from Christian perspective out there. Read my full review.
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. Where you want to start if you’re questioning Christianity on any level.
- Worship Old & New by Robert Weber. Academic, but important for understanding the meaning and development of Christian worship over time.
- My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. Undoubtedly one of the most profound devotional works of all time.